For a more detailed copy in printable format, please contact me stating whether you prefer .pdf, .doc, .odf &c
An experienced IT professional with many years in the field covering software development, testing and support. A versatile problem solver and team player who is happiest when learning new skills. Capable of communicating with all levels and happy to get involved in organising groups when tasks need to be done.
- Learning Assistant teaching MS Office and Windows to adult learners.
- As a result of working on help desks and in technical support, I have had plenty of exposure to many of the tools currently in use including AD and Exchange.
- I have worked with all desktop versions of MS Windows, up to and including Windows 8, and several server versions. I also have experience mainly with Ubuntu, SuSE and Debian Linux, and also AIX on IBM RS/6000, System V and Ultrix. MacOS experience is mostly with older versions, prior to OS X.
- I have been programming as a hobby from an early age. I have experience with a variety of programming languages and find that I pick up the basics of new languages easily, and can be up to speed quickly.
- Since university, I have used some form of SQL as my main database both at home and at work, from Oracle while studying for my degree, to Gupta SQLBase while at London Buses. While at Abacus however, I worked with PowerFlex and DB2. More recently, I have supported MS SQL and Access.
- Between home networks and local intranets at various jobs, I have good knowledge of setting up, protecting and supporting networks. I provided a Mailman mailing list server for the local branch of CAMRA for several years whilst living in Gloucestershire
|Homemaker||2015 – Present|
|IT Consultant||Siobhán’s Solutions||2011 – 2015|
|Learning Assistant||Training Link|
|2011 – 2014|
|Support Technician||Siemens SIS||2007 – 2011|
|Various Support and Test Contracts including:||Logica CMG|
Guardian Healthcare Systems
Gloucester City Council
Herefordshire County Council
|2004 – 2007|
|Analyst Programmer||Abacus Electronics||1998 – 2003|
|Communications Engineer||London Transport Buses||1994 – 1998|
|PC Technician||Watford Electronics||1992 – 1994|
- Delphi Fundamentals and Database Course
- Bsc(Hons) Computer Information Systems Design – Kingston (1992)
- 2 A Levels – Maths, Physics (1987)
- 9 O Levels Grade A-C